Eight Great Reasons Why Your Child Should Attend Religious School
"WHY DO I HAVE TO GO TO RELIGIOUS SCHOOL?"
Has your child ever asked you this question? Maybe you've asked yourself how to best answer it! You know there are many reasons why it's a great idea to participate in religious school, but it can be tough to think of them on the spot.
Here's how some parents answer this question for their children. You can adapt them for the age and interests of your child. Let us know if you have something to add to this list! And THANK YOU for being our partners in your child's religious education.
Why Go To Religious School?
• It gives you the opportunity to make lifelong friends—the more regularly you attend, the better integrated and more connected you’ll be with the other kids.
• It gives you a connection to other Jewish kids and adults that you might not get in your non-temple life.
• It gives you the opportunity to learn important things about yourself, where you came from, and how you can shape the future.
• It prepares you for life as a Jewish adult. It is an important part of your lifelong learning, as is your weekday schooling.
• It gives you the opportunity to build a spiritual practice that can help give your life balance.
• It gives you the opportunity to ask important questions and wrestle with important ideas.
• You are an important part of the temple community. If you are not there, everyone else’s experience is diminished.
• Your learning Jewishly and being a part of the Jewish community is crucial to the future of Judaism and to its effort to repair the world.