The Caring Community is our extended Temple Beth Shalom family. We support one another through the good times and help in times of sadness. Our efforts have lifted fallen spirits, fed the soul, and welcomed the next generation. Our goal is for everyone to participate in an act of loving kindness through the Caring Committee at least once a year.
Ways we help:
- When a baby is born or adopted, we bring a teddy bear and a Temple Beth Shalom onesie to our newest members. Gifts for siblings are also delivered.
- During illness or hospitalization, a "Get Well" card is sent and a call is made to see how our community can best assist. Help can come in the form of a meal, a visit, a phone call, or a ride.
- We send "Mazel Tov" cards to celebrate life’s greatest simchas.
- Should the need arise, we can provide a ride for Shabbat services.
- We get together periodically to make home-cooked meals that are available in times of a congregant's illness or bereavement.
- When a death occurs, we provide comfort by delivering a family meal and organizing a minyan.
How you can help:
Please contact Susan Laves and she will match you to your volunteer interests. If you can help a few times a year, that will make a real difference to your fellow congregants.
Thanks for making this the kind of congregation to which we all want to belong!