Brotherhood after cooking for 150+ youth at the 2016 NFTY-TOR Winter Conclave!
Casa Sukkot: Tapas and Sangria in the Sukkah With Sisterhood and Brotherhood
Thursday, Sept. 27
It's the Fall 2018 Sisterhood and Brotherhood Kickoff! Join us—all are welcome! Schmooze, snack and enjoy some live music!
Free for Sisterhood and Brotherhood Members and for prospective members who join our membership during the event.
$10 for attendees who are not Sisterhood/Brotherhood members.
Sisterhood and Brotherhood will provide Sangria, Margaritas, and non-alcoholic drinks.
We would love for all attendees to participate by bringing a food item. Please SIGN UP HERE to contribute tapas or postres.
Our Brotherhood is all about enjoying fellowship, having a good time, and participating in our Jewish community. This is not just another committee, but an opportunity to connect with other Jewish men and to talk about issues important to men: marriage, children, health, finance, cars and sports.... Admittedly, we really like talking cars and sports. The Brotherhood is self-powered, not financed by the temple, and is a unique group of friends.
We meet the second Thursday of each month at the Temple in Room 202/203. Meetings are casual and purposeful and open to all members. We always enjoy snacks and thirst-quenchers after we complete our meeting agenda.
- Create bonds of friendship (personal, professional and spiritual) among the men of the congregation
- Strengthen and serve the congregation, to promote the growth of Reform Judaism
- Serve Jewish and humanitarian causes in the local Austin community and at higher levels
- Enhance the leadership skills of our members
- Further the education of Jewish men
- Assist with facilities setup/takedown for High Holiday services and other temple events
- Build the sukkah each year
- Provide confirmation gifts to confirmation graduates each year
- Cook and serve at the religious school end-of-year picnic
- Sponsor a team in the CAA Kosher Chili Cook-Off
- Perform community mitzvah projects
- Organize social outings (sports events, dinners, etc.) and guest speakers on occasion