"Hello!" Captain (a.k.a. Service Greeter)
Schedule shift: Friday evenings and Saturday mornings. Sign up for a service that works with your calendar.
Location: Temple Beth Shalom Lobby
- Greet congregants with a friendly “hello” as they arrive.
- Encourage everyone to wear a name badge.
- Assist guests with finding prayer books, the restroom, and guest name badges.
- Hand out Daf T’Fillah as congregants enter the sanctuary.
- On Saturday mornings, check in with staff point person Kelly Finkel for details about greeting during a B’Nai Mitzvah experience.
Age requirement: All ages welcome! Volunteer with your family members or friends.
Why this opportunity matters: Attending services is a meaningful way to engage with community together Jewishly. Feeling at home and welcome is the best way to ensure that everyone has a powerful Shabbat experience at Temple Beth Shalom. Greeters can meet new people while reconnecting with old friends.
Contact: Temple Office