Rates and Benefits
Cost of Membership
Temple Beth Shalom funds our operations through annual shared member commitments, or SMC. The annual SMC is based on the temple’s expenses divided by the number of member family units. We are an inclusive community, and no one is denied membership because of financial circumstances. Congregants may also commit to the temple at a higher level. The annual SMC form describes these levels, as well as convenient payment options. For more information on SMC, click here.
Providing innovative, high quality Jewish education for our children is a covenant shared by the entire congregation. Through SMC, the temple covers 70% of the cost associated with both Religious and Hebrew School offset by a modest fee paid by families of enrolled children. B’nai mitzvah families also pay a small fee during their child’s 6th grade year.
Benefits of Membership
Aside from the fees associated with Religious and Hebrew school described above, SMC covers many congregational services including B’nai mitzvah preparation, adult education, high holy days, and life cycle events. There are many benefits to membership, including but not limited to:
- Weekly Torah study, unique services, and a wide variety of educational opportunities
- Morning and afternoon Religious School sessions on Sundays
- Hebrew School at the temple and satellite locations
- Beit Tichon Hebrew High School
- Youth Group and Jr. Youth Group
- NextGen for young adults in their 20s and 30s
- Shalom Seniors for those age 55-plus
- Active Brotherhood and Sisterhood
- Opportunities for Tikkun Olam (repairing the world) though service and advocacy