High Holy Day tickets will be mailed to members in good standing by the second week of September. In order to be considered a member in good standing, one must have submitted a Financial Commitment Form to the temple office for 2012-2013. If you have any questions concerning membership or financial issues, please contact the temple office. For security reasons, all attending High Holy Day services must have a ticket.
In addition to tickets for members, a limited number of tickets are available at a cost of $180 per ticket. Tickets are for the entire High Holy Day season and are not sold for individual observances. The Temple Board has established the following exceptions to this policy who, upon request, will receive complimentary tickets:
· Children of Temple Beth Shalom members living in Austin under the age of 25
· Immediate family members (children, siblings, parents) living outside of Austin**
· Members in good standing of another congregation (URJ or otherwise) living outside of Austin**
· Students with current valid ID
· Members of the armed forces with current valid ID
· The Temple Beth Shalom President or Rabbi may issue complimentary tickets at their discretion
All individuals receiving complimentary tickets will also receive a donation envelope and are expected to make a donation to the temple which is meaningful to them. It is the policy of Temple Beth Shalom that no one will be denied admission to High Holy Day services because of financial hardship. Anyone with financial concerns is encouraged to contact the Temple office or Rabbi Freedman directly.
You must have your TICKETS with you at all times. If you are not a Temple member, but have reserved your tickets, your name will be on a “will call” list. No one will be admitted to the service without a ticket or their name being on a will call list.
For security purposes, no large bags, purses, backpacks, or strollers, except for diaper bags, will be allowed in Gymnasium. All bags, regardless of size, are subject to inspection.
**A High Holy Days courtesy seating request form, from the visitor's congregation, should be submitted to Temple Beth Shalom's office.